Dixie High Presents: “The Little Mermaid”

Dixie High students spend many hour preparing and practicing for the school’s fall play.

Dixie High students perform scenes from The Little Mermaid (Photos by Brian Jauregui)
Dixie High students perform a scene from The Little Mermaid (Photos by Brian Jauregui)

The Student Council with Josh Scott were preparing for “The Little Mermaid” just like the other plays that they have done before by casting the students. 

They have been doing dance rehearsals and started practicing since Aug. 30 and helping students get the courage to perform in front of others. 

Drama club president Libby Pike said, “Film and theatre in general, helps me get that deeper thinking level in my brain.” 

Drama club did rehearsals basically every day after school until the second week of November.  They did this on top of school and they put a lot of extra time into this fall play, they said.

The Little Mermaid was this upcoming fall play. 

“Usually a lot of women audition but guys typically not as much,” Mr. Scott said. 

He said that more people need to come and at least try the rehearsals to at least try something new, and students are more than welcome to come and learn new things and skills.

The music program did a lot of work in the pit. The music and the lighting group as well as the sound system and the music were a huge part of this upcoming play this fall, they said.

Not only did these students practice after school with the actors but also joined in the rehearsal every day after school. Sometimes rehearsals went longer, and eventually, they worked with the actors to get everything set up and ready to go for the play.

The play was performed in Dixie High Auditorium, Nov. 4 to Nov. 6.